The History of the Beaudesert Race Course began with the first race meeting held on the 16th April 1879 as the Logan and Albert Jockey Club.
The present grandstand was built in 1912 and provided a grand viewing platform for race goers of the day. At present, the grandstand has managed to retain its excellent vantage point for all guests of the race club.
In 1927 the Duke and Duchess of viewed the Bushman’s Carnival at the course with one of the biggest crowds ever seen in the district attending.
In 1939 the Beaudesert District Amateur Race Club was formed and is still in operation as “Beaudesert Race Club” a non profit organization.
During WWII many of the troopers in the Light Horse Brigade found themselves camped at Beaudesert in 1940, attending race meetings as a welcome form of rest and relaxation.
The Beaudesert Race Club is currently under going an upgrade which has seen the remaining race meetings for 2012 scheduled for Beaudesert cancelled. The Club is set to resume racing again on January 23rd Australia Day 2013. This race day will be the first TAB meeting the club has had for the past ten years. The upgrade will see the club’s turf track replaced, extra tie up stalls, the sand track will be will be widened to 16mt, restorations to the Grand stand and renovations to the public facilities.